Discovery. Exploration. Integrating. Anchoring. Becoming.
Art Meets Science.
Providing compassionate, holistic and ethical mental health services.
Jolene Shu Wen Chiang
Founder & Registered Art Psychotherapist
Jolene is a passionate credentialed Art Psychotherapist (MA, AThR) with Australian, New Zealand and Asian Creative Arts Therapies Association (ANZACATA) and Art Therapist Association of Singapore (ATAS).
A little about her
Jolene has 10 years' skilled experience working and living in Singapore, ASEAN region and Australia. Her curiosity and compassion for mankind has brought her wide exposure - cultivating a culturally sensitive and diverse experience when working with people.
She began her career in community development, managing education and healthcare projects in the field and engaging with local and ASEAN NGOs, government bodies and Foundations in Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia and Singapore. During these years, she served alongside migrant workers in Singapore, Sudanese refugees in Australia, local Cambodians living with limited water sanitation, and Thai youths enrolled in sustainable urban farming schools.
Her passion for volunteerism, social innovation, youth leadership mentoring and training brought her to be part of a pioneer team of a local Singapore government youth agency, leading new initiatives, managing stakeholders and designing training curriculum and programmes to develop youth leaders.
She has worked with communities ranging from individuals living with mental health conditions, families of the incarcerated, low-income families, persons living with special needs, grief and loss, vulnerable families and youths-at-risk.
How she practises as an Art Psychotherapist
Jolene's highly empathetic, sensitive and compassionate approach is based on respecting each client's unique biopsychosocial and spiritual needs. Her highly attuned and authentic approach to listening and honouring the nuances and layers of each individual has enabled her to integrate multi-modal approaches in mindfulness, somatic awareness, art materials and psychology in her Art Therapy practice.
What she does now
She is adept and experienced in conducting:
individual art therapy
group art therapy
group art workshops
open art studio sessions
Who she works with
Children, youths & adults
2018 - 2020
Masters in Art Therapy (LASALLE College of the Arts)
Graduated with Distinction
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MSBR) Course
Certified Yoga Instructor, Therapist, Holotropic Breathwork Practitioner & Kundalini Yoga Teacher
BSc, Yoga Sciences & Hypnotherapist from National Guild of Hypnotists (USA) & National Council for Hypnotherapy (UK)
A little about her
Punam is a highly experienced holistic practitioner with more than 30 years of experience. She is a certified and trained Kundalini Kriya Yoga practitioner and teacher. Her sessions are geared towards raising participants' consciousness, guiding them into releasing emotional blockages and postural imbalances, such as scoliosis, using Yoga and Craniosacral Therapy.
What she does
She teaches Vinyasa, Hatha and Yin Yoga, specialising in Pranayama, Yoga Nidra and various meditation techniques.
· Punam guides clients into developing body-mind-spirit awareness, mental clarity and strength
· Designs integrated and balanced lesson plans for each class according to the students' physical abilities and requests, offering modifications for students' injuries and challenges
· Conduct master classes to advanced students and trainee teachers
· Completed Yoga Alliance-certified RYT Certification (with advanced knowledge of anatomy, physiology and kinesiology), and holds a current CPR Certification
· Certified Yoga Instructor and Therapist from Swami Vivekananda Yoga Research Institute in Bangalore, India, where she also obtained her BSc in Yogic Sciences (Distinction)
· Certification in Hypnotherapy from the National Guild of Hypnotists (USA) and the National Council for Hypnotherapy (UK)
· Certified Holotropic Breathwork Practitioner (USA) – a pioneer in Asia, and a Certified Akashic Records Reader
· Completed Yoga for Special Needs of the Inspired Kids Yoga Teacher Training (Brisbane, Australia)
· Certified Usui Reiki Master, EMF Healer and Energy Worker
· Certified Singing Bowl Practitioner and Singing Bowl Therapist, a certification awarded by the Singing Bowl Studio, Singapore
· Certified Yoga Alliance Registered Children's (ages 2-18) and Family Yoga Teacher
Punam continues to upgrade and keep herself updated through various workshops in Singapore and abroad in her pursuit of holistic development, which has been the focus of every class she teaches.